A big week we have had with the returning of our long, lost Nanna! The kids are so psyched to have her home after a 4 month absence. I wondered if Chase would remember her, but as she walked in the door he ran right to her, gave her a big hug, and yelled, "Grandma!" No need to worry about Chase forgetting his grandma. The kids haven't left her alone since she walked in the door. They were especially thrilled to spend Friday night with her at the McDonald's playland while mom and dad went out on a date...a win-win for all involved. We have to reestablish some boundaries in our home so Nanna gets some private time.
Kohl and Brynn had a fun time in school on Friday as it was their class fall parties. I got to attend both of the parties and run the BINGO game. Kohl informed me that he wished every day was class party day, don't we all? The other fun thing that mom got to do this week was cut Brynn's hair to a chin-length bob. She had been wanting to grow it out, but would not let me do anything fun with it, so it was just hanging there looking a bit sad. When I was done cutting it she went and looked in the mirror and said, " Oh good, you don't see my ears!". Apparently she doesn't want anyone seeing her ears and now I understand why she wouldn't let me cut her hair short, short to her meant hair like brother Kohl's. I had to ask her why she finally let me cut her hair and she replied by telling me that Miss Heinold (kindergarten teacher) cut hers so it would be ok. I think someone really likes their teacher.
Yesterday we got to attend a birthday party with some of our Spanish speaking friends. These people know how to throw a party...complete with clowns tying balloons, doing magic, and putting on tattoos. They had snow cones, Chase's preferred activity, cotton candy, cake, and of course pinatas full of candy...what more could a kid want.
A busy and very fun week we have had.
On the Road Again
14 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment