Wednesday, January 9, 2008

One of those days!

How I love two year olds...
Take a pen, a leather sofa, and a two year old...
Go onto the internet to find home remedies to remove said pen from sofa
Take your rubbing alcohol and apply it to the sofa...the ink should magically disappear because that is what the all-knowing internet people say will happen
Soon realize that the all-knowing are not so all-knowing and now you not only have pen marks, but now it has faded the leather...
Go do something else to take your mind off this mess
Hear little boy say he is wet, smell alcohol on said boy
Find a whole bottle of alcohol on hard wood floors and leather sofa
Find leather polish, saddle soap, leather conditioner and pray with all your might that something will make this huge gray spot go away
I will have to wait to see what Dan thinks

6 comments:

Chrystie said...

Lori, you are soooo funny! I guess it is funny because it isn't happening to me. Sorry I don't have a magical cure for you (I used the rubbing alcohol trick to get Sharpie off my fridge yesterday, but sounds like fridges and leather must be different.) You should post a picture of the couch. Good luck with Dan!

Amy said...

I did the same thing with fingernail polish remover on my leather ottoman with similar results. So far Andrew hasn't gotten a hold of my fingernail polish since, but it's probably only a matter of time.

Linn said...

Can you hear me laughing from California? Sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but I could just picture the whole thing. You are fabulous! Good luck my friend! I miss you!

Lori said...

Chrystie,
I thought about a pic but I was just too lazy today, you know what I mean? I should add to my day that I thought I had Bunko last night until I drove up to the house(late) and realized nobody was there...oh yeah, it is next week...
Sorry you can't get a dog, I have told my kids that due to my very minor allergies we will never have a dog...I am evil

Christie said...

Oh, ouch. BAD TWO YEAR OLD! I hope you punished him by not letting him watch Noggin or making him scrub all the floors on his hands and knees for hours. Wait. That's what I do and why I'm such a bad mom. Nevermind.

Have you tried Magic Eraser? I don't know how it would work on leather, but I once got Sharpie off my white pottery barn wood painted desk. Markers are EVIL!

james said...

this is so funny. I guess it is funny because it is not happening to me. Sorry I do not have a magical cure for you. You should post a picture of the couch.
___________________________

JAMES
leather sofa