Friday, December 12, 2008

5 wonderful months





Although I am very sleep-deprived and my mind feels like mush trying to remember everything I need to do for the kids, house, church, etc., I have still loved having these 5 months with Drake. I really try to enjoy the small moments of everyday that make up our lives. His smile is so all encompassing and speaks volumes to this overwhelmed mother. The way he just wants to put everything in site in his mouth and how thrilled he is with himself that he can suck his thumb. His discovery of those absolutely delicious feet and the quest to get a chance to suck on them. The wide range of sounds he is discovering his voice can make. Our favorite is the low growl, although the fake cough is rather amusing as well. I have to admit that I am so completely smitten with this little guy.

7 comments:

carrie said...

I love how you talk about him you are an inspiring mother.

Zana said...

is he an official thumb sucker? He no longer tries for the whole fist...bummer!

KJA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KJA said...

Hi mushy-minded momma - that's one cute boy you have, almost as cute as Blake ;0)

Word verification word is quirefed, meaning: a means to which food is acquisitioned to silence the hunger of a group of musical individuals

Sorry I was having computer issues.

Travis and Rhonda said...

He is wonderfully adorable!!!

Linn said...

I can definitely see why you are in love with him. He is darling! I cannot believe it has been five months! Wow!

Max and Diana Brown said...

he is so cute!!!! I know that some times is hard with the kids.. but I couldn't imagine my life with out them. Feliz Navidad Lori!!! Love ya!