Tuesday, May 13, 2008

may days


May has been filled with all of the fun end of school happenings and we have been one busy family. I wish I had more pics to share, but my cute husband has had my camera to take pictures like this, so I missed some great photo ops.

Both the kids have had their end of year field trips, Brynn went to Purina Farms and Kohl to the Botanical Gardens. I had the fortune to attend both as a chaperone. Kohl's was last friday and it rained the entire trip...what a joy! The rain didn't dampen any of the fun for the kids, Kohl told me he thought it made the trip more fun, I love the attitude of a 7 year old!

I have also been able to attend several functions at the school to watch the kids many talents. Kohl's class put on a puppet show with homemade puppets, Brynn's class had a spring concert where Brynn got to show us her worm dancing skills...can I just say "pole dancer" it was too funny. Brynn also had a writer's celebrations and read a book that she authored and illustrated. Yesterday was Brynn's gymnastics performance ( pics to be coming via a friend who had her camera) and we were treated to a fun show. It is good to see what $260 worth of lessons gets you these days...

Hopefully things will start to slow down as we are just 2 short weeks away from summer...can't wait!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. The kids are growing up!

Diane said...

With no ties to school anymore, I forget how fast summer is coming! Work doesn't offer the summer-time freedom that school does. Hard to believe it's that time already! Enjoy your kids!