Come July we will be welcoming a baby BOY! The boys are thrilled, Brynn...not so much. I have convinced her that it is cool to be the only girl and thus she will never have to share her girly things and mom and dad only have to pay for one wedding, so the skies the limit for her!
I do have to share what she said Monday morning on this subject...
Brynn..."Mom, you know that Heavenly Father loves me and wants me to be happy."
Me..."Of course He loves you!"
Brynn..."So, you have to be having a girl because I will only be happy with a baby sister!"
Me...(about 90% sure we were having a boy) "Brynn, if we have a boy it doesn't mean Heavenly Father doesn't love you. You can be happy with 3 brothers."
It kind of broke my heart to know that she will never get to know the joys of having a sister. Mine are my best friends and I would be so sad without them to talk to all the time. Brynn is tough and she will be just fine...there are always sisters-in-law to look forward to!
On the Road Again
14 years ago


7 comments:
OOOHHH... a little sad for Brynn! BUT, she will have girlsfriends that are like sisters... and she gets to pick those! Kindred Spirits are out there just waiting to be her sister! And, she has always got YOU!!! BTW - Congrats... you do make cute boys!
Oh, I feel the same way for Margaret. I comfort myself by hoping that we will be really close. Congratulations!
-Kylene
We are so excited for you all!! Annie cried when we called from the hospital to tell her we had a boy. One more reason we should have found out earlier and let her get used to the idea. I don't know though, being the only girl has its advantages. Tell Brynn she can be Annie's sister. Happy day! Congratulations again! We miss you guys!
Tell her she can have Hannah as a twin sister. I think three days and she'll be glad for all brothers.
Congratulations! That is so exciting. I can't wait to meet the little guy. Tell him to hurry up, already.
Congratulations Lori! Your boys are so cute. I can't wait to have another Nephew! Thanks for sharing the information. It is exciting to know it will be a little boy. What a cute girl you have there too. She will just have to love her girl cousins like sisters! And she is lucky to have all those brothers to take care of her :-)
Hey Lori!
CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you!
Brynn is so cute, tell her I am sorry she isn't getting a little sister! But you always want what you don't have, I always wished I had a big brother like Kohl to look out for me.
Congratulations! What a lucky boy he'll be to have Kohl and Brynn and Chase! We think your kids are great. You and Dan have done a wonderful job. Brynn will get used to it. My family was just the opposite. I had two sisters, and only one brother. He survived, and loves us anyway. Love to all, Diane
Post a Comment