Friday, February 1, 2008

We love snow days!

For kids is there anything better than hearing..."school is cancelled!". Kohl and Brynn were up at the crack of dawn as giddy as they are on Christmas morning with the news that they get to stay home today. I was hoping the news would send them back to bed, where I wanted to stay all day, but, instead they ran to the closet to put on their snow clothes and go play in the magic white stuff. If you knew the struggle we have each morning just getting these kids up and out of bed you would know why this just made me laugh. (this picture was taken at 6:50 a.m.)






Dan, on the other hand, got to get up at 5:30 this morning to try and shovel himself out of our driveway...for him there is no snow day and his 8am patient will be there waiting on him. Too bad we don't have a 3 car garage!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

They should have more snow days for grown-ups. I was ready for one today! But I remember the few we had as kids, and they were great. Be safe and keep warm!

Christie said...

Love your new blog face lift. Did you just change it or am I now noticing it?

Snow days suck. Thank goodness we won't get too many of them here.