So, today is my birthday...did you know I love even numbers and it makes me happy to be on an even number again. Although, I didn't really mind 35 because that is a good number since it is in the middle of the 30's, but 36 is even better. I examined myself to see if I looked a year older and there are some new wrinkles, a few gray hairs, the belly still shows signs of the baby that was born last year, and when do I not want to drop 15lbs...but overall I am happy with who I am. I really hate the anti-aging attitude that society puts on us. Do we not all get older... every day...no exceptions...and yet we are supposed to pretend like it shouldn't happen and do everything in our power to not look like it is happening to us...I say, "WHATEVER!"
No fabulous plans...Dan is working in Baltimore this weekend and let's face it...birthdays just aren't what they used to be. I drove in from Memphis late last night after spending 3 days there with the Jessops. I did wake up and set out on a run, it felt great to just be alone for a bit and reflect on the past year. I feel fortunate for my life. I can't complain about much and I feel very blessed with where I am at this time in my life. I feel happy to be alive, healthy and very happy. Happy Day to me!
On the Road Again
14 years ago


10 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I wish I were there to celebrate with you! Have a great one!
What a great week to have a birthday - March Birthdays Rock! I agree that birthdays aren't what they used to be, but I still try to milk mine for the week and this week, I've done a pretty good job at it. But that is because my hubbie is home! I hope you have a great day, friend!
You're back! It's just a comfort to know you're around:)
Happy day to you & congrats on your even number.
Wait, one more thing...
you don't mind this aging thing b/c you come from some mighty good genes & happen to look great no matter what...have some compassion for the rest of us who just might be forced into surgery & botox!
Happy, Happy Birthday, Lori! I love reading your blog and keeping up with your growing family. Hope you have a wonderful year!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORI! You have such a great attitude about everything, someday I hope to be as zen about the whole getting older thing as you are.
Happy Birthday I hope you had fun in with the Jessops! I hope that Dan spoils you now that he is back.
Happy Birthday again from us! I miss you so much! Hope you had a wonderful day!
Happy birthday, friend!
Happy Birthday Lori
I remember you when you were just 11 or 12 and always coming over to play with the kids. Where has time gone? Of course I am only 39. Love you
Terry
Post a Comment