Thursday, March 12, 2009

What our 8 month old is doing...



Drake wants to show you all the wonderful things he has learned to do in his short 8 months on this earth...don't feel bad if your baby isn't as advanced, it is not a competition!

He thought his hair growth was just too heavy for a boy his age, so he is now shaving, but only once a week. He was so embarrassed that I would photograph him while shaving that he refused to look at me.


That's right, he makes me pancakes every morning. My reward for getting up at 5:45am!


He has learned to drive. It is great when he can take the kids to school in the morning, let's me get so much more done.
Washes the 9 loads of laundry we seem to produce every day at this house...he hasn't mastered putting them away yet...too hard to carry them up the stairs while crawling.
Loves doing the dishes...way more than Dan, that is for sure.
Did I mention he is also my hair stylist...he does a great job conditioning it as well, he promises me that drool does wonders for my split-ends!
What more can I say...he is perfect!

12 comments:

Christie said...

Okay, FUNNIEST post I have read anywhere in a long, long time. I laughed so hard that I spit diet coke onto the monitor.

Does Drake clean diet coke off monitors, by chance?

Zana said...

Totally agree with the girl above me except it wasn't diet coke, it was chocolate cake.

Travis and Rhonda said...

He is precious! I'm so glad that he is helping you out so much. He's an early bird --I still have one of those!

Linn said...

That was the cutest post ever! He is SO grown up and it is killing me! And you are the funniest ever and living away from you is killing me!

KJA said...

I have one of those - they are so helpful, except when I have to clean up the mess.
Can I come by next Thursday to pick your brain?

Chrystie said...

Cute post. It is amazing what a smart little guy you have! (Daxton always burns my pancakes...it is so hard to find good help!)

something good said...

Thanks-I needed a good laugh today! Zana needs to have a boy this time around so she can be a funny as you! Hee hee!

Sara said...

Great post!! He is getting so grown up! Hard to believe he's already 8 months. They grow so fast.

VillageGreen Unit For Sale said...

you crack me up

carrie said...

He is so cute. He seems like an easy kid to take pictures of because he is always smiling.

Diane said...

Great post! I loved it! that creative thing you have was in high gear. My compliments.

Lisa Mcclun said...

Um, he is doing more than my college-bound child (oh yea, it's not a competition)! Too bad I am in the middle of testing a kid - or I would be ROTFLOL